four percent increase in Lebanese air travel
The Beirut International Airport Authority reported that the number of travelers passing through the Beirut International airport increased by four percent in the first 11 months of 2001 from 2.2 million passengers in 2000 to 3.2 million, reported Al-Watan.
The volume of imported cargo via the Beirut International Airport increased by seven percent during the first 11 months of 2001 to 35,000 tons, up from 33,000 tons during the corresponding period of the previous year.
Similarly, the volume of exported cargo from the airport increased by four percent from 20,700 tons to 21,500 tons during the same period. — (menareport.com)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- More and more passengers on Middle East airlines
- Air Arabia Increases Beirut flights to 9 flights weekly
- Marriott International and Visa to offer summer travelers 20% discount at selected hotels and resorts in Middle East
- Middle East carriers post robust growth in October
- 12.4 million travelers pass through Dubai Airport in 2001