French industrialists explore investment opportunities
A visiting French delegation of industrialists on Monday concluded a three-day visit to Jordan during which they explored areas for further French investment in the Kingdom.
In a statement at a meeting with Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of State for Economic Affairs Mohammad Halaiqa, the delegation leader Christian Ponsot said the French private sector is interested to invest in Jordan in the food-processing sector.
Ponsot, who is the regional director of International Trade at the French Chamber of Industry and Trade and his accompanying delegation were briefed by Halaiqa on the government's economic reform program and the Kingdom's commitment to the requirements of the World Trade Organization.
Halaiqa told the delegation that the successful Jordanian-French partnerships in the cement and mining industries, as well as in telecommunications and tourism, should be built on and expanded into other areas.
"The investments reaffirm Jordan's commitment to open up to the global economy," said Halaiqa. — ( Jordan Times )
© 2000 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Leading Industrialist Shares Insights on Leadership Styles at Dubai School of Government
- French Business Leader Briefed on Saudi Investment Opportunities
- SAGIA Governor Holds High-Level Meetings in Paris to Explore Investment Prospects
- Lebanon seeks to reopen banking ties, bilateral trade with Iran
- French–Arabic Chamber of Commerce Visits TECOM Investments