French Rhodia Opens Third Regional Distribution Unit
The French Chemicals Group - Rhodia - has recently established in Egypt its new distribution unit in the Middle East. This new facility, located at Al Ameriyah Free Zone (adjacent to Alexandria), is Rhodia's third in the region; the other two were opened in Dubai (during 1996) and in Turkey (1998).
According to sources within Rhodia, the launch of the new center has already brought a 30 percent increase in its sales in the Egyptian market, al Quds al Arabi reported. They predict that the French Group's sales volume this year will amount to nearly $30 million. The Egyptian distribution unit has started to export Rhodia products to North African states, Jordan and Syria. In the upcoming weeks, Rhodia will begin to export silicone that will be packaged at Al Ameriyah.
Rhodia produces a wide range of chemicals that are used in the production of industrial and consumer goods. It is one of the world’s leading specialty chemical groups with production units in 29 countries and sales in more than 135. Last year, Rhodia achieved a net profit of $226 million, and a total sales turnover of $5.5 billion. The French Group targets to double its net profit by 2004.
© 2000 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- French Luxury Jewellery Manufacturer To Target Middle East Market
- Akillis to appoint distributors across the GCC & Levant as part of regional foray
- Al-Gharaballi: Global US Real Estate Fund Concludes its Third Real Estate Acquisition in the United States
- Egyptian Chemical Industries to open new plant in 2H 2004
- Art Dubai 2011 opens on 16 March in its most diverse and forward-looking edition to date