Freshii: North American food sensation announces Middle Eastern debut
Freshii, the North American health food sensation, announced its Middle Eastern debut. Freshii offers a new take on the concept of “fast food.” The first outlet will be located in Dubai’s prestigious DIFC district. With an official Grand Opening set for post-Ramadan, celebrations will include delicious sampling and VIP coupon distribution in and around the area. Expansion plans for additional Freshii stores in the region are planned for Q4 2010 onwards.
Since the first store opening in Toronto in 2005, Freshii’s inimitable laid-back atmosphere has brought the concept swift popularity and triggered its expansion across North America and beyond. Freshii now holds 60 locations open and under development in over 18 cities around the world, including its first European outlet in Vienna, Austria. Subsequent openings have been met by massive lines of people looking to satisfy their cravings for a nutritious meal on the go and have led to Freshii being dubbed “the next Starbucks.”
"We think patrons in Dubai, like others around the world, will demand fresher, healthier options from quick service restaurants in years to come, and Freshii will fill that need. Freshii brings high quality, customizable menu options. The ingredients are fresh and healthy, but at the same time, full of taste and very filling," comments Jennifer Ridgway, Managing Partner of Freshii ME.
Freshii’s menus operate around a ‘build your own’ format, offering salads, burritos, wraps, rice bowls, yogurt, and soups. Each dish is personalized with ingredients from three categories: Light - super low in fat, and high in fibre, essential vitamins, minerals, anitoxidants, and lean protein; Balanced – essential fats, slow-burning carbs, good oils and high protein; and Classic – great flavours to be enjoyed in moderation. Visitors to the Freshii website can create a virtual menu and instantly see the nutritional value of selected ingredients – an invaluable tool for the health conscious
With a planned strategy of regional expansion beginning with a second Dubai restaurant later this year, the Freshii team is committed to setting a blueprint for the concept of healthy “fast food” for the Middle East and to guiding individuals into making healthier eating choices.
Matthew Corrin, Freshii Founder and CEO states, “Diabetes, heart disease, and obesity are an endemic crisis in the GCC, which is wholly preventable; restaurants must be socially responsible and arm customers with health-conscious choices. It is disappointing when the food industry concocts items containing over 1000 calories for their menus; with the sole purpose of extorting our love of ‘more is more’. At Freshii, we offer more too - more fresh customizable items that leave our customers energized, light, and feeling fantastic, instead of weighed down by one of the many diseases caused by unhealthy eating choices”.
- Talk about 'diversification': Oman aims to become a primary destination for Indian weddings
- What Gaza, what Syria? Ramadan full of glitz for retailers
- Going after their daily bread: is Egypt's food subsidy reform all about getting Egyptians to eat less bread?
- Overtaking Oxford Street and the Champs Elysee? Dubai's upcoming Mall of the World and what it means for the country's prospects
- The economics of Ramadan: from piety to commercialization and excessive consumption
- Freshii launches in the Middle East bringing Fresh, Fast, Customizable Menus to the DIFC, Dubai
- Craving your Middle Eastern staple foods abroad? Popular UAE chain coming to US, Canada in 2014
- Kuwait’s Americana sees 12.6 percent profit rise
- Kuwait’s Americana bids for stake in Egyptian Starch and Glucose Company
- Kuwait’s Americana acquires Egyptian Starch and Glucose Company