Fujitsu Siemens Computers launches new models in Solaris/SPARC-based PRIMEPOWER server family
Fujitsu Siemens Computers has announced the launch of five new enterprise and mid-range models in its Solaris/SPARC-based PRIMEPOWER server family.
All new PRIMEPOWER models are based on its fifth generation 64-bit SPARC64TM V processors (*1) operating at 1.89GHz and are the first UNIX servers to be based on 90nm (Nanometer) semiconductor technology, offering a significant performance boost averaging 35 per cent.
The new PRIMEPOWER servers (models 650, 850, 900, 1500 and 2500) will be offered globally by Fujitsu Limited in the Asia/Pacific region, Fujitsu Siemens Computers in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and by Fujitsu Computer Systems in North America starting from August to Nov. 2004 timeframe, depending on the model.
"The new-generation PRIMEPOWER servers represent a major advancement in this class of servers. They deliver improved scalability, enhanced performance and double memory. Some of the models in the new PRIMEPOWER series ensure virtual 100 per cent utilisation of invested resources because they are fully compatible with existing PRIMEPOWER installations, allowing them to mix and match the new processors with previous ones in the same enterprise system. With all of these enhancements PRIMEPOWER servers will reach maximized throughput and uptime," said Ashraf Al Arabaty, Product Marketing Manager, Enterprise Solutions, Fujitsu Siemens Computers.
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- The University of Tokyo Hospital Deploys Fujitsu's Contactless Palm Vein Authentication Technology for Room Access Security
- Fujitsu Siemens Computers to launch new generation Primepower in Middle East
- Fujitsu Siemens Computers launches new thin client at midrange level
- Fujitsu Siemens Computers signs deal with agreement with HUMANSOFT
- Future-proof new PRIMERGY server design from Fujitsu Siemens Computers offers more for less