GAC embarks on a $5 million expansion of Dubai distribution center
The GAC Group (GAC), an independent shipping and logistics services provider, has announced a five million dollar plan to expand its distribution center at Jebel Ali Free Zone, Dubai.
This brings GAC's total investment on the building to more than $30 million since the company set its sight on building the a third party logistics facility in the Middle East in 1993.
Starting out as 8,000 square meters of storage space a decade ago, the enlarged facility will occupy a total of 60,000 square meters with more than 65,000 pallet positions when the extension project is completed by the third quarter of 2004.
The extension facility will house a container freight station, multi-purpose distribution center, value-added services function, as well as office accommodation.
Together, the center will boost GAC's capability to offer end-to-end supply chain management solutions, which include sea, air, courier freight, consolidation, road transportation, warehousing, cross-docking, retail distribution and value added services.
Established in 1956, GAC's business covers three core areas – shipping, logistics and marine services nad employs more than 5,000 people worldwide. The GAC Group corporate head office is in Dubai, in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- GAC's distribution center records 3,000 TEU throughput in March
- GAC Logistics strengthens Scandinavia network with Norway expansion
- BIG-5 exhibitors announce Gulf investment plans topping $37 million
- GAC announces expansion and restructuring of UK services
- union national bank announces net profit for the first half of 2007 of aed 538.1 million