Parents: Samsung is ready to play Santa for your kids this Christmas (but you're still paying)...
Samsung is the not the first to launch a tablet for children in the country; in October, India’s HCL Infosystems launched the ‘ME Champ’ tablet in the UAE.
Click here to add Business Planning Division as an alert
Disable alert for Business Planning Division,
Click here to add HCL Infosystems as an alert
Disable alert for HCL Infosystems,
Click here to add Samsung Gulf Electronics as an alert
Disable alert for Samsung Gulf Electronics,
Click here to add Souza as an alert
Disable alert for Souza
Electronics giant Samsung has announced the UAE launch of the Galaxy Tab 3 Kids, a tablet designed specifically for children.
The device, priced at Dhs899, comes with educational tools and safety features. Pre-loaded with nine kid’s apps and a new Kid’s Store, the tablet has over 600 activities catering to children’s entertainment, with content including educational games, entertainment and e-book applications.
Parents can select the apps they want their kids to have access to, using the Application Manager Control system, said Samsung.
The device also comes with a Time Management feature, which allows parents to set specific time periods for use with password protection. When the designated use-time is up, a password protected lock screen will appear on the screen, disabling further use.
The Tab 3 Kids comes with a 1.2GHz dual processor, 1GB RAM, a 3MP front-facing camera and a 1.3MP rear-facing camera. The tablet is also designed to be sturdy, and can withstand general wear and tear, said the South Korean company.
It also comes with an optional blue handle, multiple stand options and an ‘easy-to-grip’ C Pen, to help children draw.
Denzil D’Souza, head – Business Planning Division, IT Group, Samsung Gulf Electronics said: “It is no secret that kids are using technology more than ever before. The Galaxy Tab 3 Kids is designed to keep children entertained whilst giving parents the control they need to manage content and time spent using the tablet.”
Samsung is the not the first to launch a tablet for children in the country; in October, India’s HCL Infosystems launched the ‘ME Champ’ tablet in the UAE. The device, priced at Dhs449, is a ‘smart’ but parent-controlled infotainment gadget and is designed specifically to improve the cognitive skills of children, said HCL.
© Motivate Publishing. All rights reserved.
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- So cool it's hot: Saudi Arabia's $3.2B HVACR market driven by construction boom
- US, EU protectionist policies may be a blessing in disguise for GCC suppliers
- Dubai to Doha: How far can you stretch your dirham?
- OPEC's poor history of compliance will make production cut deal a challenge
- Samsung launches world-first 12.2 inch widescreen notebook in Bahrain
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Eid Mubarak! How your Eid may differ from the Eid of times before...
- Long distance parenting? UAE app to allow parents to "keep track of children"
- Samsung's Safety Screen app launched to save kids' eyesight