Galileo Emirates provides travel technology to North Africa
Travel technology company Galileo Emirates has been given rights by Galileo International to distribute its tourism information system in three previously untapped markets, Sudan, Morocco and Tunisia. This brings the total number of countries under the Galileo Emirates' umbrella to 10, stated a press release.
As National Distribution Company (NDC) for the Galileo Global Distribution System, the company already markets the system in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Iran, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. Galileo Emirates faced rival bids from many NDCs in the region for the distribution rights.
Galileo Emirates, a division of Emirates Group, has cornered an 80 percent share of the electronic global distribution systems market in the UAE. Information from over 500 airlines can be accessed through Galileo International's computerized reservation systems, as well as 40,889 hotel properties and 41 car rental companies. It supplies information and systems support to travel agencies operating more than 160,000 computer terminals, in almost 100 countries worldwide. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Galileo Emirates & Group Mohsen Hachicha sign distribution deal for Tunisia
- Kenyans choose Galileo Emirates accounting system
- Oman Air and Galileo Oman sign travel agency distribution deal
- Galileo signs regional distribution agreement
- Middle East Airlines to deploy Galileo computerized reservation systems