Gangnam most viewed on YouTube
Gangnam Style, the dance track by South Korean pop phenomenon Psy, has become the most-watched video of all time on YouTube, it has been revealed.
The video, which pokes fun at the consumerism of Gangnam - an affluent suburb of the South Korean capital Seoul - has notched up more than 808m views since it was posted on the website in July.
In it, the portly Psy dances as though he is trotting on a horse, holding the reins and spinning a lasso in a manner that has sparked a global dance craze, the BBC reported.
The video also features the 34-year-old singer reclining on a sun lounger in tight pink shorts, gazing longingly at a girl dancing on an underground train in tight shorts and gesticulating at a woman working out on a beach - in tight shorts.
Gangnam Style, which won best video at this year's MTV Europe Music Awards, has also been number one in 28 countries.
It holds the Guinness World Record for the most "liked" song ever - currently with a little under 5.4m likes on YouTube.
Justin Bieber's manager Scooter Braun was the first person in the US to tweet a link to the Gangnam Style video.
- US offers $5 million reward for tips that would help take down Daesh’s oil trade
- Oprah snubs BDS over Israeli diamonds
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- Samsung Electronics Levant holds the prescreening for Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron