Gas to replace fuel at Saudi Central Electricity Company
The ninth electricity generation station in Riyadh has recently begun the implementing of natural gas consumption, to replace crude fuel. According to Al-Riyadh newspaper, this is the first station of the Saudi Central (Al-Wosta) Electricity Company to use gas instead of fuel.
The company had previously commissioned local contractors to develop the ninth station’s units and facilities in order to be able to use natural gas. The price of this process is SR 166 million.
The Al Wosta Electricity Company has also begun two similar projects at its seventh and eighth stations. The company is investing SR 410 million toward the development and preparation of the two stations to use gas instead of fuel, which is to be completed by next May. –(Albawaba-MEBG)
- Aqaba solar station to use natural gas instead of fuel
- GE Steam Turbines to Boost Output, Efficiency of Saudi Electricity Company’s Qurayyah Power Plant
- Electric Fuel completes German electric van project
- Saudi company to acquire 51% of the Jordanian Central Electricity Generating Company
- Central Electricity Generating Company