Gas to replace fuel at Saudi Central Electricity Company
The ninth electricity generation station in Riyadh has recently begun the implementing of natural gas consumption, to replace crude fuel. According to Al-Riyadh newspaper, this is the first station of the Saudi Central (Al-Wosta) Electricity Company to use gas instead of fuel.
The company had previously commissioned local contractors to develop the ninth station’s units and facilities in order to be able to use natural gas. The price of this process is SR 166 million.
The Al Wosta Electricity Company has also begun two similar projects at its seventh and eighth stations. The company is investing SR 410 million toward the development and preparation of the two stations to use gas instead of fuel, which is to be completed by next May. –(Albawaba-MEBG)
- Aqaba solar station to use natural gas instead of fuel
- Saudi gas distribution project to commence operations
- Saudi Arabia allocates SR 95 million to electricity projects in Baha
- Saudi Electricity Company invests $267 billion in central region of the Kingdom
- 18 new electricity conversion stations built in Egypt