In the UAE, you can fill your own tank up!
UAE petrol stations to be automated for filling and payment
Across the UAE all petrol stations will soon shift to automated payment system thus reducing the need of manpower in both payment collection and filling process and also help eliminate fraud.
The role of a fuel station attendant would be minimum and the drivers have the option of using their services.
Once the vehicle enters the parking slot near the vending machine, a transponder or sensor will automatically read the vehicle name, type and other details and motorists will have the option of using Smart Cards at fuel stations.
Intelligent fuel management system is being tried out at an Enoc station in Dubai.
The system will be rolled out across the UAE after plugging in the drawbacks.
There have been cases of fuel station staff too involved in fraudulent activities, when customers using company fuel cards have raised an alarm of huge difference in the amount of petrol dispensed and the bill given.
'Eighty per cent of the company vehicles coming in the petrol stations for fuel use payment cards for payment and drivers have invented ways to cheat their own companies with the help of petrol station attendants,' said a source.
Earlier about 45 fuel station attendants were terminated, after caught in illegal act. In the Middle East, only Turkey has all of its 2,500 fuel stations fully automated.
- Nip, tuck: Dubai's grand plans for being a major player in medical tourism
- Zain, UNHCR, Facebook to bring free internet access to urban refugees in Jordan
- Yemen Central Bank headquarters to relocate from Sanaa to Aden
- IMF report details the crippling economic effects of conflict in MENA
- Start Up Lebanon entrepreneurs head to Silicon Valley Roadshow