GCC: "Forced nationalisation" of jobs attacked
A prominent member of a well known business group, Kanoo, on Wednesday attacked the "forced nationalisation" of jobs in the GCC, saying such policies were not good for private sector growth. According to the Gulf News, h stressed he was against Gulf welfare policies extending to provide guaranteed jobs to nationals.
"It sends a wrong signal to both employers and employees. If workers are not skilled, employers will consider them as a burden for their business," said Mishal Kanoo, the group's vice-chairman for Oman and the UAE.
- An induced identity crisis?GCC expats expected to play part in labour market nationalisation
- Third Middle East HR Summit to focus on effective strategies for Nationalisation of labour in GCC states
- tanmia delegation visits kuwait to exchange ideas and best practices on workforce nationalisation
- ICDL calls for government participation in IT literacy campaigns to reduce unemployment among GCC nationals
- HR Crucial in War for Talent Says BP