GCC ministers mull establishment of regional body for charitable works
During the current session, the ministers will honor outstanding companies and institutions in the field of localizing and nationalizing jobs in GCC and the leading projects in fields of social work. (Shutterstock)
Gulf ministers are to discuss GCC strategy in areas of labor and social development, conditions of foreign workers in GCC countries and a suggestion to form a coordinating body for joint charity work.
These will be discussed during the 33rd session of the Council of Ministers of Labor and Council of Ministers of Social Affairs of Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) for Arab States.
The session will be held in Riyadh during the period from November 13 until 16.
Saudi Ministry of Labor and Social Development said in a statement issued on Sunday that the meetings come in the framework of efforts exerted by the ministers in GCC to develop the council’s work and activate joint work mechanism among member countries, thus fulfilling what is requested by the Gulf Union.
The ministry noted that the participants will discuss the annual report to follow up the implementation of work programs in order to increase the opportunities of national employment in these countries and let member states benefit from social services provided by each country in light of joint Gulf market.
They will also discuss a proposal to form a coordinating body for joint charity work and the General Secretariat memorandum on 2030 sustainable development goals.
During the current session, the ministers will honor outstanding companies and institutions in the field of localizing and nationalizing jobs in GCC and the leading projects in fields of social work. Owners of distinguished small businesses will also be honored.
The Council is composed of ministers of labor and social development in GCC and Yemen.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- GCC Justice Ministers Expected to Establish Human Rights Body
- GCC leaders establish two new bodies to boost economic integration
- Egypt mulls mixed political system
- Dubai Healthcare Authority and ICDL GCC Foundation launch new campaign for IT awareness in healthcare sector
- GCC Drag Race Series Needs Fia Backing And Regional Drive, Says Sulayem