GCC stock market rise in July 2010
A report issued by Kuwait Financial Centre "Markaz" indicated an improvement in the activities of the GCC stock markets during July 2010. According to the report, the positive trend was aided by higher corporate profits, which boosted investor confidence as well as positive reports from rating agencies. The report pointed out that the GCC markets gained a 5% rise during the said month, bringing the increases since the beginning of the year until July to 4%.
During July, all the GCC markets reported gains with the exception of the Bahraini market, which fell by 0.17%. The weighted index of Kuwait led the rises, with more than 5.5% for the month.
- Show me the money: Lebanon addresses bank transfer delay problems
- Swiss Leaks revisited: Strong Egyptian presence in banking scandal
- Saudi market plans IPO in 2018
- Understanding the ripple effect: 8 reasons the US economy has slowed down in Q1 of 2015
- Can Bahrian emerge from the oil price plunge 'stronger than ever'?