GCC stock market rise in July 2010
A report issued by Kuwait Financial Centre "Markaz" indicated an improvement in the activities of the GCC stock markets during July 2010. According to the report, the positive trend was aided by higher corporate profits, which boosted investor confidence as well as positive reports from rating agencies. The report pointed out that the GCC markets gained a 5% rise during the said month, bringing the increases since the beginning of the year until July to 4%.
During July, all the GCC markets reported gains with the exception of the Bahraini market, which fell by 0.17%. The weighted index of Kuwait led the rises, with more than 5.5% for the month.
- Giving up on the EU? Greece, Cyprus look to GCC investors
- Turkish whistleblower: government can hand over any bank to state fund
- Why Israelis are rushing to empty out their Swiss bank accounts
- Wealth in the land of Arab Spring: Egypt's top ten richest men in 2014
- Will the US dollar peg protect GCC currencies?