Good call: UAE calls for greater GCC economic integration
During the meeting Kuwaiti Minister of Planning and Development Affairs, Hind Alsubaih, proposed the establishment of a pan Gulf research centre for planning and development
Click here to add GCC as an alert
Disable alert for GCC,
Click here to add GCC Ministerial Committee for Planning and Development as an alert
Disable alert for GCC Ministerial Committee ...,
Click here to add Hind Alsubaih as an alert
Disable alert for Hind Alsubaih,
Click here to add Mohammed Abdul Aziz Al Shehhi as an alert
Disable alert for Mohammed Abdul Aziz Al Shehhi,
Click here to add UAE’s Ministry of Economy as an alert
Disable alert for UAE’s Ministry of Economy
The UAE has called for increased coordination between GCC member countries to achieve economic integration in the region.
At the event Mohammed Abdul Aziz Al Shehhi, undersecretary for the UAE’s Ministry of Economy, said that coordination between GCC countries should be accelerated to keep pace with economic needs, rising population, and the increasing number of projects under development.
“Coordination in all our planning initiatives must be aligned to the vision for sustainable development that has been articulated by most of the GCC countries. Concerted efforts to achieve this priority will eventually lead to the desired economic integration to the ultimate benefit of the people of the GCC,” he said.
During the meeting Kuwaiti Minister of Planning and Development Affairs, Hind Alsubaih, proposed the establishment of a pan Gulf research centre for planning and development. The committee agreed to study the proposal and explore its logistics and feasibility with inputs from all the GCC members.
Also discussed were development goals including achieving water security, food security, effective healthcare, a qualitative education system, creating sustainable job opportunities, gender equality and youth empowerment, as well as developing energy-efficient supplies and preserving ecological systems.
© Motivate Publishing. All rights reserved.
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- So cool it's hot: Saudi Arabia's $3.2B HVACR market driven by construction boom
- US, EU protectionist policies may be a blessing in disguise for GCC suppliers
- Dubai to Doha: How far can you stretch your dirham?
- OPEC's poor history of compliance will make production cut deal a challenge
- Kuwait calls for greater integration of Arab economies
- International conference on Industrial Investment in the GCC Countries opens in Ras Al Khaimah
- ICDL calls for government participation in IT literacy campaigns to reduce unemployment among GCC nationals
- GCC Calls on Iran to Work with Mediators on Islands Dispute