German aid to Syrian refugees in Jordan reaches new high
German financial support for Jordan to cope with Syrian refugees has passed $65 million
German support for Jordan to cope with the influx of Syrian refugees has exceeded 50 million euros (JD46 million), according to a statement issued by the German embassy on Wednesday.
“The funds are used for a wide range of measures with a number of implementing agencies,” the statement said.
“With 90 million euros for the whole region, Germany is the second biggest donor after the US in helping host countries, Syrian refugees and internally displaced persons in Syria,” the statement said.
- Tunisia 2020 investment conference: 145 mega projects on offer
- Coca-Cola inaugurates $20M bottling plant in Gaza
- GCC tax on expats' income and remittances would be highly regressive: IMF
- 'The worst is over for Qatar's trade balance': BMI Research
- Sotheby's to open Dubai office as MENA falls for the lure of the auction