German aid to Syrian refugees in Jordan reaches new high
German support for Jordan to cope with the influx of Syrian refugees has exceeded 50 million euros (JD46 million), according to a statement issued by the German embassy on Wednesday.
“The funds are used for a wide range of measures with a number of implementing agencies,” the statement said.
“With 90 million euros for the whole region, Germany is the second biggest donor after the US in helping host countries, Syrian refugees and internally displaced persons in Syria,” the statement said.
- What's its secret? Kuwait sustains non-oil growth for two years
- The reliable consumer: China on track to become biggest export market for GCC by 2020
- After the GCC 'happy' summit, is a customs union closer to reality?
- A bleak record: Turkey comes second in OECD income inequality list
- ًA safe bet? Why the ME's businessmen are chasing after St.Kitts and Nevis' citizenship