German aid to Syrian refugees in Jordan reaches new high
German support for Jordan to cope with the influx of Syrian refugees has exceeded 50 million euros (JD46 million), according to a statement issued by the German embassy on Wednesday.
“The funds are used for a wide range of measures with a number of implementing agencies,” the statement said.
“With 90 million euros for the whole region, Germany is the second biggest donor after the US in helping host countries, Syrian refugees and internally displaced persons in Syria,” the statement said.
- 2014 in three words: deflation and lower returns
- How fear can be a good force in the workplace
- Housing and education costs eating away Dubai's tax-free benefits
- With World Cup under its sleeve, Qatar comes fourth in global slavery index
- The quiet overachiever: Is Oman going to do better than its GCC peers in 2015?