German aid to Syrian refugees in Jordan reaches new high
German support for Jordan to cope with the influx of Syrian refugees has exceeded 50 million euros (JD46 million), according to a statement issued by the German embassy on Wednesday.
“The funds are used for a wide range of measures with a number of implementing agencies,” the statement said.
“With 90 million euros for the whole region, Germany is the second biggest donor after the US in helping host countries, Syrian refugees and internally displaced persons in Syria,” the statement said.
- Tunisian, Moroccan Chambers of Commerce meet to discuss economic partnership
- Winter wonderland: Dubai debuts Aspen Chalets with view of Ski Dubai
- Egyptian economic experts predict inflation rate will continue to climb
- Shoura Council: Expats cannot buy property in Mecca, Medina, Riyadh
- Tensions increase between Egypt, Italy over renewable energy projects