German aid to Syrian refugees in Jordan reaches new high
German support for Jordan to cope with the influx of Syrian refugees has exceeded 50 million euros (JD46 million), according to a statement issued by the German embassy on Wednesday.
“The funds are used for a wide range of measures with a number of implementing agencies,” the statement said.
“With 90 million euros for the whole region, Germany is the second biggest donor after the US in helping host countries, Syrian refugees and internally displaced persons in Syria,” the statement said.
- Hiking stocks an early sign of coming hyperinflation - expert
- Trade between 18 Arab countries hikes to $2.1 trillion - IMF
- Sukuk is coming of age as a borrowing, investing instrument
- GCC states should look into investing in green economy
- Abundance of extractive resources drives Africa's economic growth: World Bank