An unlikely match? Germany invites Iran to partner with Berlin for int'l tourism stock fair
Head of Berlin fairs has called for Iran's partnership in Berlin's International Tourism Bourse (ITB) fair in coming years. "Germany invites countries for cooperation every year which has a great impact on its tourism industry.
This year Mexico was the ITB's partner. The high-ranking officials of the country (Germany) has called for Iran's partnership in the expo in coming years," said Iran's Deputy Head of the Cultural Heritage, Handicrafts and Tourism Organization for tourism affairs Morteza Rahmani Movahed. Iran has expressed its readiness for the participation, he said, adding they would send us details about the participation. "ITB has chosen its partners for the next two years and we should make planning for the next 4 years." He also said German Tourism Union Head will visit Iran in coming months.
ITB has been one the world's oldest tourism markets and stocks. It held its 48th edition on 2014. Iran has taken part in the fair 22 times. "We will have a different presence in 2015 expo, because international tourism exhibitions is one of our ways for the further expansion of bilateral ties on culture and economy." End Item
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue