Germany’s IMGM Laboratories to set up genetic testing center in Dubai
Germany’s IMGM Laboratories, which specializes in DNA tests, plans to set up the United Arab Emirates (UAE)’ first genetic testing center, the company revealed in a press release.
IMGM Laboratories says the facility will enable doctors to individualize medicine for patients, as well as prevent adverse drug reactions, which kill an estimated 106,000 people in the US alone each year.
“The Middle East health industry is developing strongly. The field of medical genetics is quite new, so we see a chance to provide and establish genetic testing in the UAE,” said IMGM Laboratories’ Hanns-Georg Klein.
No date has been fixed for the opening of the center, which is expected to be located in Dubai. In the meantime, IMGM Laboratories says it has developed an Internet-based DrugProfiler database, which can be accessed by doctors and pharmacists to find out about genetically caused adverse drug reactions.
IMGM Laboratories will be making its Middle East debut at Arab Health 2004 – the region’s leading hospital, medical equipment and services exhibition and conference, to be held in Dubai from January 18 - 21.
Arab Health 2004 will be the biggest ever in the show’s history, with 1,600 companies from more than 50 countries participating. It will feature 25 national pavilions, including for the first time, official group participation by Brazil, Holland, Pakistan, Singapore, Sweden and Turkey. — (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Acting Director General for the Ministry of Health officially inaugurates state-of-the-art Nucleotide Laboratory Complex at DuBiotech
- Avaya Completes Key Phase of Testing to Ensure 99.99% Reliability of Converged Communications Network for 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany™
- Dubai Police Gets Advanced Lab Equipment
- HP, Intel and Yahoo! Create Global Cloud Computing Research Test Bed
- Dubai gets Middle East’s first fire testing laboratory