Germany to fund wind power project in Egypt
Egypt's Minister of Electricity, Hassan Younes, said the German government had agreed to finance Al-Za'afrana wind power station whose total cost is put at US$98 million and due to be operational in three years.
A German delegation will arrive next month for talks with the Ministry's officials in this regard. According to local press reports, the project will raise Egypt's wind power to 650 megawatt until 2010 compared to the present 147 megawatt. (menareport.com)
- Germany finances wind-energy power station in Egypt
- Germany’s Siemens signs record energy deal with $9B order from Egypt
- Egypt one of African states leading the way in wind power development
- Gone with the wind: Jordan cancels plans to build 5 additional wind power plants due to lack of support from the Gulf
- JBIC funds a series of electricity projects in Egypt