GlobalSantaFe to resume operations in Kuwait
International oil and gas drilling contractor GlobalSantaFe is preparing to resume drilling operations in Kuwait. The first rig is expected to resume operations by April 17, 2003, and the company anticipates eight of its land rigs to be fully operational by the end of the month.
The company suspended its drilling operations in the Emirate on March 17 in response to imminent military conflict with Iraq. The eight rigs include two additional units, Rig 102 and Rig 155, which were not working when operations were suspended last month.
GlobalSantaFe is a drilling contractor offering equipment and drilling management services. The company's fleet of 58 offshore rigs includes premium and heavy-duty, harsh-environment jackups, semisubmersibles and dynamically positioned ultra-deepwater drillships. The company has 31 land rigs and an additional four rigs under construction. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- US drilling contractor suspends Kuwait operations until war’s end
- GlobalSantaFe Corporation Middle East operations to Precision Drilling
- Crosco provides offshore drilling services in Tunisia
- Crosco provides drilling services for Anadarko in Oman
- Santa Fe International receives board approval for newbuild project