Globecomm Systems wins $3.5 million Thuraya contract
US-based Globecomm Systems, an international provider of satellite-based communications solutions, has been awarded a $3.5 million turnkey Telemetry, Tracking and Control (TT&C) system contract from Thuraya Satellite Telecommunications Company.
Under the terms of the contract, the company’s subsidiary Globecomm Systems Europe, will provide a TT&C system to be installed at Thuraya's primary satellite gateway in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates (UAE), which serves more than 100 countries Europe, the Middle East, North and Central Africa Central and South Asia.
The system will comprise two 13-meter antennas, TT&C baseband equipment, monitoring and control software, automatic carrier monitoring, a calibration and carrier control system and other required equipment. Globecomm will also be responsible for turnkey installation, project management and commissioning.
Thuraya offers satellite-based mobile telephone services through its dual mode handsets and satellite payphones. Thuraya's one billion dollar regional mobile telecommunications via satellite (GMPCS) system provides blanket coverage to more than 100 countries. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Saab Ericsson Space delivers payload equipment to Thuraya Satellite
- Globecomm Systems wins five contracts with an aggregate value of over $3.2 Million
- Dubai-Based Firms Win Thuraya Contract
- AMIANTIT'S INDIAN JOINT VENTURE WINS $22.5 MILLION IN CONTRACTS TO SUPPLY PIPE SYSTEMS FOR OIL REFINERIES, POWER PROJECTS AND TANK SYSTEMS FOR PETROL
- Drake & Scull Rail wins AED 35 million Dubai Airport Passenger Movement project