GloCall expands regional BGAN distribution to Iraq
GloCall, an Inmarsat distribution partner and a business division of France Telecom has expanded its regional BGAN reseller network in Kuwait and Iraq.
“We currently have several active Regional BGAN resellers in Iraq and Kuwait. To date, our partner channel helped us capture more than 65 percent of the regional BGAN market share in the Middle East,” said GloCall's commercial director, Danny Wassenaar.
Since the launch of the service late last year, Inmarsat's distribution partners have been actively promoting and expanding Regional BGAN's market share through direct communication with potential corporate end users and via a qualified channel of satellite telecommunication partners.
Launched in 2002, Regional BGAN offers vertical industries and business individuals operating from remote areas where telecommunication is not available or in areas where mobile high-speed data is not available, mobile data communication that are more than twice as fast as current terrestrial General Packet Radio Service (GPRS) services. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- First Lebanese company to become Inmarsat distribution partner
- Inmarsat shows next generation mobile communications at Gitex 2002
- Inmarsat inks global satellite service shipping deal
- Inmarsat launches 'next generation' of data communications satellite service
- Inmarsat adds private network capability to regional BGAN satellite broadband service