Golden Tulip Hotels expands Middle East portfolio
Golden Tulip Hotels, Inns & Resorts will expand of its portfolio in the Middle East and Africa through three new properties. The current Golden Tulip portfolio comprises 16 hotels throughout the Middle East and Africa, with destinations including Kuwait, Riyadh, Amman, Petra, Aqaba, Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Cairo.
The 200 room Al-Bilad five-star hotel in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia will become the Golden Tulip Al-Bilad Hotel as per March, 1. Through the same shareholders, a new 139-unit Tulip Inn Residence Carthage will be opened in June 2003, located directly in the same estate of the existing Golden Tulip Carthage Tunis, Tunisia.
Furthermore, the intent for a new hotel and resort in Khasab, Oman has been signed, adding a further 60 rooms to the portfolio by the third quarter of 2003, yet to mention that Golden Tulip is adding a new country making the brand represented in 51 countries.
Golden Tulip Hotels, Inns & Resorts is a privately owned franchise company with its head office based in Amersfoort, the Netherlands. Since the recent merger with TOP International Hotels, a German based hotel consortium, the Golden Tulip Top Hospitality Group portfolio comprises over 45,000 rooms in approximately 440 hotels across 51 countries, with the majority of hotels being located in urban destinations across Europe, the Middle East & Africa. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Golden Tulip Khasab Hotel and Resort to open in Oman
- Southern Sun Middle East Portfolio Set to Expand with New Hotels in Abu Dhabi and Jeddah
- Golden Tulip’s Middle East operations generate $26 million
- Golden Tulip Hotels, Inns and Resorts plans major regional development drive
- Golden Systems To Place The Spotlight On Its Wide Portfolio Of Products At GITEX 2012