Google develops tool to help websites visualize their users
Understanding what content and website features remain hidden from users with smaller browser windows is important for publishers
Google Analytics now detects the browser size of website visitors, a new metric that has gained relevance as the variety of internet-connected devices has increased in recent years, the company said yesterday.
Understanding what content and website features remain hidden from users with smaller browser windows is important for publishers, so that they can make adjustments accordingly, Google said.
“For many people, the visible portion of the web page is much smaller than the screen resolution, because of excessive toolbars and other clutter,” wrote Gaal Yahas, from the Google Analytics team.
As part of this new functionality, Google Analytics also offers its users a visualisation tool that shows them which parts of their web pages remain unseen for website visitors with different browser sizes. For example, it’s critical in situations where important web page elements, like e-commerce buttons, fall outside of the default browser view.
“Analysing the percentage of visitors for whom page elements fall beneath the fold or off to one side is difficult, so we’ve created a visualisation that lets you quickly determine which portions of your page are visible to which percentages of visitors,” Yahas wrote.
- Zain, UNHCR, Facebook to bring free internet access to urban refugees in Jordan
- Start Up Lebanon entrepreneurs head to Silicon Valley Roadshow
- Huawei to establish a center of innovation in Saudi Arabia
- Middle East poised to become an industry leader in 3D printing
- Bahrain's Investcorp buys UK's Nebulas to become European cybersecurity giant
- Google announces major imagery update for google earth, new tools and innovations in mapping
- Middle East Internet Users Increase to 56 million
- GE Healthcare launches Vscan™, a pocket-sized visualization tool for point-of-care Imaging in the Middle East
- Trend Micro Offers Free Heartbleed Scanners for Computer and Mobile Users