Google to launch updated rival to iPad
Google is expected to hold a big event in New York on October 29 to unveil the Google Nexus 10, LG Nexus 4 and a 32GB version of the Google Nexus 7.
Industry sources said that Google have been circulating a video recorded at one of their weekly events which details all the devices.
The Google Nexus 10, which is a true rival to Apple’s 9.7-inch iPad will be made by Samsung and have a quad-core processor.
It is expected to run at a resolution of 2560Ã—1600, giving it a 16:10 aspect ratio and 300 pixels per inch (PPI) . That is far above the iPad’s 264 PPI and will offer truly stunning clarity and multimedia playback.
iPad 3 has a screen resolution of 2048 x 1536 pixels.
The tablet is rumoured to launch on Android 4.2, which is a new version of Android although it’ll still be referred to as Jelly Bean . The Nexus 10 is likely to support 3G, unlike the Nexus 7 which only had WiFi.
- Saudi Arabia claims to have one of the world's most tech-savvy populations, but can it fast track diversification?
- Davos elite warned of 'catastrophic' cyber attacks
- Good luck blockading that: In Gaza, an IT company has Google-sized aspirations
- Can television survive amid digital challenge?
- The notorious industry: comparing foreign vs. local tobacco brands on the Arab street