Google to launch updated rival to iPad
Google is expected to hold a big event in New York on October 29 to unveil the Google Nexus 10, LG Nexus 4 and a 32GB version of the Google Nexus 7.
Industry sources said that Google have been circulating a video recorded at one of their weekly events which details all the devices.
The Google Nexus 10, which is a true rival to Apple’s 9.7-inch iPad will be made by Samsung and have a quad-core processor.
It is expected to run at a resolution of 2560Ã—1600, giving it a 16:10 aspect ratio and 300 pixels per inch (PPI) . That is far above the iPad’s 264 PPI and will offer truly stunning clarity and multimedia playback.
iPad 3 has a screen resolution of 2048 x 1536 pixels.
The tablet is rumoured to launch on Android 4.2, which is a new version of Android although it’ll still be referred to as Jelly Bean . The Nexus 10 is likely to support 3G, unlike the Nexus 7 which only had WiFi.
- Sweet deal: Why Android 4.4 "KitKat" is a must-have for Middle East smartphone users
- Digitizing the Middle East: Why Google thinks online advertising will change the Arab market
- Is KSA under attack?! Why cybercrime is targeting Saudi consumers
- When IT disasters strike, are Middle East businesses ready to respond?
- Is Nokia about to make a comeback in the Arab world?