Google to launch updated rival to iPad
Google is expected to announce the updated version of its Nexus 7 tablet
Click here to add Apple as an alert
Disable alert for Apple,
Click here to add LG as an alert
Disable alert for LG,
Click here to add New York as an alert
Disable alert for New York,
Click here to add Samsung as an alert
Disable alert for Samsung,
Click here to add The Google Nexus 10 as an alert
Disable alert for The Google Nexus 10
Google is expected to hold a big event in New York on October 29 to unveil the Google Nexus 10, LG Nexus 4 and a 32GB version of the Google Nexus 7.
Industry sources said that Google have been circulating a video recorded at one of their weekly events which details all the devices.
The Google Nexus 10, which is a true rival to Apple’s 9.7-inch iPad will be made by Samsung and have a quad-core processor.
It is expected to run at a resolution of 2560Ã—1600, giving it a 16:10 aspect ratio and 300 pixels per inch (PPI) . That is far above the iPad’s 264 PPI and will offer truly stunning clarity and multimedia playback.
iPad 3 has a screen resolution of 2048 x 1536 pixels.
The tablet is rumoured to launch on Android 4.2, which is a new version of Android although it’ll still be referred to as Jelly Bean . The Nexus 10 is likely to support 3G, unlike the Nexus 7 which only had WiFi.
- Nip, tuck: Dubai's grand plans for being a major player in medical tourism
- Zain, UNHCR, Facebook to bring free internet access to urban refugees in Jordan
- Yemen Central Bank headquarters to relocate from Sanaa to Aden
- IMF report details the crippling economic effects of conflict in MENA
- Start Up Lebanon entrepreneurs head to Silicon Valley Roadshow