Google to launch updated rival to iPad
Google is expected to hold a big event in New York on October 29 to unveil the Google Nexus 10, LG Nexus 4 and a 32GB version of the Google Nexus 7.
Industry sources said that Google have been circulating a video recorded at one of their weekly events which details all the devices.
The Google Nexus 10, which is a true rival to Apple’s 9.7-inch iPad will be made by Samsung and have a quad-core processor.
It is expected to run at a resolution of 2560Ã—1600, giving it a 16:10 aspect ratio and 300 pixels per inch (PPI) . That is far above the iPad’s 264 PPI and will offer truly stunning clarity and multimedia playback.
iPad 3 has a screen resolution of 2048 x 1536 pixels.
The tablet is rumoured to launch on Android 4.2, which is a new version of Android although it’ll still be referred to as Jelly Bean . The Nexus 10 is likely to support 3G, unlike the Nexus 7 which only had WiFi.
- US offers $5 million reward for tips that would help take down Daesh’s oil trade
- Oprah snubs BDS over Israeli diamonds
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- Samsung Electronics Levant holds the prescreening for Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron