Government of Abu Dhabi to issue new property law
The government of Abu Dhabi is considering to enact new laws this year, which will open the door to foreigners to own and invest in freehold real estate.
Shaikh Tahnoun bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Chairman of the Private Department of President Shaikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, expected that these laws would be promulgated in 2005. "The government has been working on formulating laws allowing foreigners to take advantage of the booming real estate sector. These laws will be promulgated soon," he revealed, according to Khaleej Times.
- Abu Dhabi: Foreigners can own only leasehold property
- Real estate developers welcome Abu Dhabi decision
- Abu Dhabi: New by-laws detailing property laws to be issued soon, says Al Dar chairman
- Government regulations and procedures block real estate sector
- Abu Dhabi to host first real estate imagination exhibition