Government decides to expand Cairo Airport
The Egyptian cabinet decided this week to expand the Cairo International Airport instead of building another airport in the western part of the city, Egyptian Information Minister Safwat Al-Sharif disclosed, Al-Bayan reported.
The minister added having studied both proposals, the cabinet decided to expand the existing airport, by constructing a new international runway and a modern service terminal.
Last February, the Egyptian Civil Aviation General Authority announced that it intends to invest nearly two billion dollars in re-constructing existing airports and building new ones. — (Mena Report)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- New produce refrigeration station to open at Cairo International Airport
- Crowded Cairo looks forward toward expanded subway
- Cairo International airport modernized
- Flynas touches down in Cairo with daily non-stop flights
- Emirates expands its South American Horizons with launch of Rio de Janeiro and Buenos Aires flights