Growing activity reported at Oman two major ports
The quantity of cargo unloaded and loaded at Mina Sultan Qaboos and Salalah port amounted to 1.580 million tons in the first four months of 2005, compared to 1.335 million tons during the correspondent period last year, constituting a rise of 18.35%.
A bulletin released by the Ministry of National Economy attributed the overall increase in the quantities of goods handled at the two ports to the rise in loaded and unloaded goods at Mina Sultan Qaboos by 7.2% to 963.4 thousand tons during the said period against 899 thousand tons during the same period in 2004.
Goods handled at Salalah port rose in terms of quantity by 41.4% as at the end of April 2005 to 618 thousand tons, compared to 436.5 thousand tons during the same period last year.
Foodstuff items, building and construction materials and vehicles were among the most important cargo handled at the two ports.
The bulletin noted that a total of 840 ships called at the two ports during the first four months of this year, up by 3.2% from a total of 868 vessels in the same period in 2004.
- Saudi ports report growing activity
- Over USD 7 billion worth of major projects in Salalah to help drive in major development for Oman
- Kuwait Energy reports fourth quarter 2010 activities
- 4.5 increase percent in cargo unloaded at ports of Oman
- Oman Ministry of Tourism strengthens strategy to ensure healthy tourist inflow