More turbulence ahead for Gulf Air
Bahrain’s national carrier Gulf Air has officially notified staff facing redundancy about its plan to proceed with the decision, effective from Wednesday, as part of the company’s restructuring scheme.
It has set Wednesday as the deadline for staff to inform whether they have accepted the airline’s payout package proposed last week, according to a report in Trade Arabia's sister newspaper, the Gulf Daily News.
As part of the package, employees will be entitled to one month’s salary for each year of service and three months’ salary in addition to compensation for the waiting period.
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts