Gulf International Bank (B.S.C.) US$800,000,000 Five-year Term Deposit Facility
The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi, Ltd., Barclays Capital (the investment banking division of Barclays Bank PLC), BNP Paribas, CALYON, Citibank, N.A. London, Deutsche Bank AG, ING Bank N.V., Mizuho Corporate Bank, Ltd, National Bank of Abu Dhabi and Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation Europe Limited announced that the Five year Syndicated Term Loan Facility for Gulf International Bank (B.S.C.) has been successfully closed and will be signed in Bahrain. The Facility was increased from its original launch amount of US$750,000,000 and raised in excess of the final Deposit Amount in general syndication attracting a diverse international banking group.
During the signing ceremony in Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain, GIB’s Chief Executive Officer, Dr. Khaled M. Al-Fayez said: “The quality of banks supporting the issue are testimony to the confidence placed by the local, regional and international financial community in the strength and capacity of Gulf International Bank.”
GIB is a leading merchant bank in the Middle East with its principal focus on the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) states. With a proven track record spanning more than 28 years, GIB provides client-led, innovative financial products and services.
- Legal & General Gulf Takaful B.S.C (c) Launches in Bahrain
- Launch of Re-branded CIMB Middle East BSC (C), Bahrain
- Gulf International Bank US$750 million five-year term deposit facility
- Moody’s assigns investment grade to United Gulf Bank’s long term deposit rating
- GIB, Boubyan Bank and BNP Paribas arrange US$100 million five-year Murabaha for Shamil Bank