Gulf International Bank US$750 million five-year term deposit facility
The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi, Ltd., Barclays Capital (the investment banking division of Barclays Bank PLC) (“Barclays Capital”), BNP Paribas, CALYON, Citibank, N.A. London, Deutsche Bank AG, ING Bank N.V., Mizuho Corporate Bank, Ltd, National Bank of Abu Dhabi and Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation Europe Limited (the “Mandated Lead Arrangers”) and The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi, Ltd., Barclays Bank PLC, BNP Paribas, CALYON, Citibank, N.A. London, Deutsche Bank AG, ING Bank, Mizuho Corporate Bank, Ltd, National Bank of Abu Dhabi and Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation Europe Limited (the “Underwriters”) announced that they have been mandated by Gulf International Bank (B.S.C.) (the “Deposit Taker” or “GIB”) to arrange and underwrite a US$750,000,000 5-year Term Deposit Facility (the “Facility”). The proceeds of the Facility will be used for general funding purposes.
The syndication was launched on Thursday 24th March 2005.
GIB is a leading merchant bank in the Middle East with its principal focus on the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) states. With a proven track record spanning more than 28 years, GIB provides client-led, innovative financial products and services. Its client base includes major private-sector corporations, Gulf-based financial institutions, multinational companies active in the region and the governments of the GCC states.
GIB is rated Baa1 (Moody's)/BBB+(S&P)/A-(Fitch)/A-(CI).
- Gulf International Bank (B.S.C.) US$800,000,000 Five-year Term Deposit Facility
- US$ 1.2 billion loan for Gulf International Bank
- TAQA Launches Syndication of US$ 3.0 Billion Revolving Credit Facility
- International consortium arranges $250 million syndicate for Commercial Bank of Kuwait
- Bank of Kuwait and the Middle East looking to arrange and underwrite US$150 million 3-year Term Loan Facility