Hell's kitchens coming to Dubai
British celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay has signed an agreement with Gates Hospitality to bring a selection of his restaurant brands to Dubai.
"We have secured representation for Gordon Ramsay in the Middle East," Gates Hospitality CEO Naim Maadad said in an interview with Arabian Business' sister magazine Hotelier Middle East.
Maadad said he was most keen to bring brands such as Bread Street Kitchen and Union Street Café to the emirates, but added there were five to seven brands which would be considered for launching in Dubai.
No fixed sites for the venture have been decided, but Maadad said Gates were scouting for potential locations. "If you really analyse the F&B scene here, there isn’t that many with a liquor licence component, so DIFC, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai Marina ... those are the areas where brands like these would thrive and find the right audience.
"All we need is a brand endorsement to say this is a Gordon Ramsay venture. So we have that agreement with him now which is quite exciting for me," said Maadad.
Ramsay will select head chefs for the new venture to re-locate to Dubai and develop menus that will cater to regional demands.
"Dubai is at a stage where we don’t want celebrity chefs who are off around the world ... we want people to be here, people to tell a story, and to cook and deliver," said Maadad.
Ramsay opened his first restaurant outside the UK in Dubai, Verre at the Hilton Dubai Creek, but it was closed and rebranded in 2011. He currently has two outlets at the St Regis hotel in Doha.
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts
- Gourmet burger kitchen whips up delights in Dubai festival city
- Feline-friendly Saudi sisters open Middle East's first cat cafe in Dubai
- Fateh: Barak Has Opened the Gates of Hell
- Unique Gaggenau’s mobile kitchen concept to host culinary classes by celebrity chefs in Dubai
- world leaders in the ceramics, flooring and covering sector come to dubai for the premier of the italian covering exhibition