High-level Iraqi post team in Dubai to study Emirates Post's operations
A high-level Iraqi post team from the Coalition Provisional Authority (CPA) has arrived in Dubai on a two-day visit to study the postal operations of Emirates Post, as part of an overall strategy aimed at the reconstruction of the postal infrastructure in Iraq.
The team consisting of Senior Postal Advisor and Operations Support Manager for the New York Postal Service, Raymond T. Murphy and Senior Technical Liaison Representative, Steven J. Lucks, held talks with Director General of Emirates Post, Abdulla Al-Daboos and were briefed on the advanced postal systems adopted by the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
The two officials attended a presentation on Emirates Post's Point of Sales (POS) counter automation system and were given a live demonstration of the networked service developed and introduced by Emirates Post. The POS system allows the counter staff at any post office to calculate tariffs for any service to any destination. They were also introduced to the Mail Transit Hub at the Dubai International Airport and the Al-Ramoul Sorting Center. — (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- GCC postal working group discusses impact of UPU's new postal regulations and GATT
- Emirates Post and Swiss Post explore further areas of mutual cooperation
- Emirates Post and Deutsche Post sign MoU for enhanced cooperation
- Emirates Post subsidiary, EMP, achieves ISO 9001:2000 certification in Call Centre operations
- Emirates Post opens new post office at Dubai International Convention Center