High-level Iraqi post team in Dubai to study Emirates Post's operations
A high-level Iraqi post team from the Coalition Provisional Authority (CPA) has arrived in Dubai on a two-day visit to study the postal operations of Emirates Post, as part of an overall strategy aimed at the reconstruction of the postal infrastructure in Iraq.
The team consisting of Senior Postal Advisor and Operations Support Manager for the New York Postal Service, Raymond T. Murphy and Senior Technical Liaison Representative, Steven J. Lucks, held talks with Director General of Emirates Post, Abdulla Al-Daboos and were briefed on the advanced postal systems adopted by the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
The two officials attended a presentation on Emirates Post's Point of Sales (POS) counter automation system and were given a live demonstration of the networked service developed and introduced by Emirates Post. The POS system allows the counter staff at any post office to calculate tariffs for any service to any destination. They were also introduced to the Mail Transit Hub at the Dubai International Airport and the Al-Ramoul Sorting Center. — (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Emirates Post and Bahrain Post sign deal for postal services automation
- Emirates Post and Swiss Post explore further areas of mutual cooperation
- Emirates Post and Somal Post sign agreement to establish money transfer and mail services
- Emirates Post opens new post office at Dubai International Convention Center
- Emirates Post signs agreements with Sri Lanka and Indonesia