Holiday Inn birthday links hotels across the region, and worldwide
Holiday Inn hotels and resorts across the Middle East will join in the global celebrations taking place on August 1 to mark the 50th birthday of the hotel. The first Holiday Inn hotel opened its doors in Memphis, Tennessee, in 1952, and today there are more than 1,500 Holiday Inn properties around the world, all of which are taking steps to acclaim next month's milestone.
The Middle East's first Holiday Inn hotel opened in the Sultanate of Oman's tropical oasis resort of Salalah in 1977. Since then the Holiday Inn portfolio has continued to expand throughout the Middle East and Africa, with the latest properties being opened in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia and the new Holiday Inn Bur Dubai, in the United Arab Emirates.
Today, 50 years after Holiday Inn welcomed its first guest, Holiday Inn hotels and resorts worldwide provide 85 million guests each year with a great night's sleep and the famous Holiday Inn breakfast. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- US$150 million deal to finance 20 express by Holiday Inn hotels in the GCC is secured
- INTERCONTINENTAL HOTELS GROUP’S EXPRESS BY HOLIDAY INN READY TO MAKE MIDDLE EAST DEBUT
- InterContinental Hotels Group’s Holiday Inn moves into Seeb
- Holiday Inn Gives British Airways Executive Club Members Priority Club Route to Triple Air Miles
- Holiday Inn opens new resort hotel on Saudi Arabia's Gulf Coast