Housing sewage project completed in UAE
METITO water and wastewater treatment company has completed the construction of a multi-million dirham sewage treatment works for a housing complex at Al-Faqa near Al-Ain, in the United Arab Emirates.
The project, completed on behalf of the Public Works Department and handed over to the Sewerage Projects Committee at Al-Ain Municipality, can presently handle a population of up to 4,000 people, according to a company press release.
It has been designed with the ability to double capacity in the future when new houses are built at Al-Faqa and demand for sewage treatment increases. The plant has been designed with a capacity of treating 700 cubic meter per day with the ability to double that capacity to 1400 cubic meter in the future.
METITO design, manufactured and installed the sewage treatment project, and will be handing the ongoing supervision of maintenance of the plant.
METITO was founded in 1958 by Farouk Ghandour, its present Chairman. It operates its Middle East, African and Asian business from a regional headquarters in Sharjah, UAE, and has a factory and laboratory facility in the Hamriya Free Zone. — (Albawaba-MEBG)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Metito completes Dh15 million Al-Khatim contract
- Metito provides Abu Dhabi with $6.5 million sewage treatment facilities
- Metito completes wastewater project on Das Island, Abu Dhabi
- Metito wins water plant deal for Sharjah International Airport Free Zone
- Metito completes first phase of wastewater plant at Dubai Investment Park