HP retains No. 1 position in the Middle East
HP ended the year 2004 as the leader in worldwide server shipments for the 11th consecutive quarter, according to fourth quarter 2004 figures released by IDC. In the UAE, HP's performance has been deemed exceptional, ranking it the undoubted leader with close to 60 percent share of the local server market.
In the Middle East, according to the IDC report, HP has retained No. 1 position both for the quarter and the year 2004 for all territories in the GCC and the Levant, and in Egypt. In the UAE, IDC underlines HP's market leadership with a leading 59.2 percent market share and an annual growth of 11.8 percent, in comparison to year-end 2003. In the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, UAE and Rest of Middle East (roME), HP continues to grow faster than the market.
"The IDC results for 2004 could not have been more pleasing as they exceed our growth plans by far," said Ryan D'Souza Product Manager, Industry Standard Servers HP Middle East. "It is a measure of an exceptional performance for HP Middle East to capture almost 60 percent of the total server market in the UAE.
- HP retains No. 1 Spot in Overall Server Shipments and achieves faster growth than market
- Local talent and global innovation key to extending HP's No. 1 position in Middle East
- HP asserts premier position in the Middle East
- HP Captures No. 1 Position in Worldwide Server Shipments and Revenue for First Quarter of 2008
- HP Names Diaa Mohamed as new General Manager HR for MEMA region