HTC goes to war with Apple
Taiwan's HTC has unveiled a new smartphone boasting a higher resolution display than Apple's iPhone 5.
The new 'Butterfly' has a 5-inch screen with a pixel density of 440 ppi (pixels per inch) and full 1080P HD resolution.
While iPhone 5 has 4-inch screen at 326 ppi at a lower resolution.
The firm's chief executive Peter Chou said at the launch in Taipei that they are 'confident that HTC Butterfly will set a new example for high-end smartphones,' News.com.au reports.
HTC sells its own smartphones and also makes handsets for a number of leading US companies, including Google's Nexus One, the report said.
The company has recently unveiled a new series of smartphones as it faces intense competition from Apple and South Korea's Samsung and seen its third quarter profit tumble 79.1 per cent year-on-year, it added.
- New one-stop Smart App Store highly-rated by UAE residents
- GCC to pioneer safe and secure online shopping
- Too much for Big Brother to handle? Will the UAE ban Whatsapp after it turns into a calling app as well?
- Smart Dubai strategic plan launched
- For the first time official data reveals the Middle East's facebook and twitter trends, expect the unexpected!