IBM donates three Linux computer labs to UAE colleges
IBM and Higher Colleges of Technology (HCT) inaugurated today the first of three Linux computer laboratories at selected colleges in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) donated by IBM.
Through this initiative the equipment was installed at three computer laboratories at the Center of Excellence for Applied Research and Training (CERT) in Abu Dhabi, Dubai Men's College and Dubai Women's College. The delivery and installation of the technology was performed in collaboration with Gulf Business Machines (GBM), the general marketing and services representative for IBM WTC in the Gulf region.
The three IBM eServer xSeries servers and 30 NetVista workstations have been installed in HCT colleges. To ensure that the students fully benefit from the latest technology advances in the Linux and open source world, IBM is also donating a ten-day “teach the teacher” course for the instructors. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- IBM opens World First R&D Lab in Melbourne
- IBM Showcases Award-Winning Innovations at GITEX 2005
- Sun Microsystems partners with STS to launch Sun Authorized Academic Institution at the German-Jordanian University in Jordan
- IBM, Jumbo support Dubai Women’s College mobile computing initiative
- INTEL LAUNCHES MULTI-YEAR - “INTEL DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION INITIATIVE FOR THE MIDDLE EAST”