ICT "cloud" forecast: how will Middle Enterprises be affected by transformations in big data and storage?
At the EMC Forum, ICT leaders from across the globe gathered to discuss how the changing face of cloud, big data and storage is impacting the network and affecting enterprises in the Middle East.
The Forum, which took place at the Kingdom Center Four Seasons in Riyadh, acted as a platform for ICT companies to showcase their local and international insights in a bid to transform the way in which business plan for the future.
International Turnkey Systems (ITS), an integrated IT solutions and software services provider and gold sponsor of the EMC Forum showcased its 2014 ICT cloud predictions at the conference, highlighting that hybrid-clouds in particular will take hold especially amongst SMBs in the Middle East.
ITS believes that while most enterprises have recognized the benefits and cost effectiveness of cloud migration, there are still practical concerns that hamper the wider spread adoption of cloud technologies and services in this region.
Ahmad A. Salem, Director - Datacenter Business Solutions, ITS Group believes that this puts Middle East enterprises at a clear disadvantage against global competitors that have already adopted cloud infrastructures and are currently benefiting from improved performance and financial rewards.
- iPhone, Mac boost Apple sales but iPad numbers disappoint
- Mobile banking is the future for the UAE's banks
- Mecca included: Saudi Arabia and the smart city 'obsession'
- Talk about abandoning its comfort zone: an inside look into Amazon's 'Fire Phone'
- The Middle East's Silicon Valley? Jordan's booming, yet struggling, gaming industry
- More cloud form over Middle East computing
- Huawei Symantec and ISIT Partner to Bring World Class Security and Storage Solutions to the MENA Region
- KOM Networks announces new Middle-Eastern partnership
- Saudi Telecom Company Dials Up Cisco Technology to Bring Data Center Hosting Services to Saudi Market
- Investments in IT help fuel growth of UAE