IDB allocates $500 million to Iraq’s reconstruction
The Islamic Development Bank has allocated $500 million to the Iraq Reconstruction Program, stated a press release.
The financing was announced by President of IDB, Ahmad Mohamed Ali at a meeting of Arab organizations and funds held in Amman, Jordan, to consider the best means of providing assistance to the Iraqi people.
The project will finance priority projects in sectors such as education, vocational training, health, water and sewerage, agriculture and food security and electricity, as well as import and export of basic commodities and local produce. — (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- US Ex-Im Bank offers multiple financing plans for Iraqi reconstruction
- Japan makes $1.5 billion contribution to Iraq reconstruction effort
- $126 million spent so far by US military on Iraq reconstruction
- US releases $18 million for infrastructure development in Iraq
- US Ex-Im Bank approves $250 million insurance program for Trade Bank of Iraq