Improvement sought to Iraq electricity sector
Engineer Thamer Mohye, the manger of the department of electricity distribution in the southern province said that his department had added three power stations (11\33 KV) in Basra to solve the congestion in the electricity grid. Mohye added that his department plans to build 5 transformations stations in other provinces.
He revealed that his department is making many efforts to repair and rehabilitate some electricity grids. He disclosed that many of them need to be replaced due to its poor ability to handle the currents needs of the citizens.
He expressed his hope that the ministers council will declare a comprehensive plan to reconstruct the electricity sector in Iraq in order to provide electricity to all Iraqi people and solve the current problems.
- APC by Schneider Electric set to benefit from Buoyed Activity in Data Centre Sector
- US House of Representatives approves Iraq aid package; Despite attacks: Japan determined to send troops
- IFC to inject $800 million into Iraq’s private sector
- Iraq: Power sector report additional improvements
- Siemens Sector Energy secures major contract in Iraq