Innovation is the buzzword that could help the UAE’s development
Innovation is the UAE Vision 2021 focus. (AFP/File)
The UAE pays great attention to innovation and has worked to spread the culture of excellence and creativity to promote innovation making it an approach that governs the various national institutions work, given the enhanced climate that encourages leadership and initiatives, growth and achieve leadership at the regional and international levels.
This was stated by Shaikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, President of the Dubai Civil Aviation Authority, Chairman of Dubai Airports, Chairman of Emirates airline and Chief Executive of the Emirates Group, during a recent meeting with the Dubai Economic Council, or DEC, and Royal Philips delegations.
Innovation is the focus of UAE Vision 2021, which aspires to turn the country into a knowledge-based economy. The Dubai Strategic Plan confirms clearly that the achievement of sustainable development is conditional to the availability of several elements, most importantly innovation.
The DEC delegation was headed by its secretary-general, Hani Al Hamli, accompanied by the DEC executive team, while the Royal Philips delegation was headed by Ronald de Jong, chief market leader and executive committee member of Royal Philips.
Shaikh Ahmed praised the strategic partnership between the DEC and Royal Philips in the field of innovation and their recent initiatives in this direction. The Dubai government’s vision to transform the emirate into a regional and global hub for innovation has been translated on the grounds, he said, adding: “The government has embarked on the construction of innovation institutional framework represented in the establishment of the Mohammed bin Rashid Centre for Government Innovation, followed by Hamdan Innovation Incubator. The last month had been the launch of the National Innovation Strategy as well as the establishment of the National Innovation Committee approved by the Cabinet recently all gathered under its umbrella a number of federal agencies to work on the follow-up of the National Innovation Strategy.”
The DEC and Royal Philips delegations presented the milestone of their joint strategic initiative that they reached in developing the innovation in Dubai’s’ economy. the initiative named the “spirit of innovation in Dubai” includes a number of sub-initiatives, activities and events in addition to awareness campaigns.
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- So cool it's hot: Saudi Arabia's $3.2B HVACR market driven by construction boom
- US, EU protectionist policies may be a blessing in disguise for GCC suppliers
- Dubai to Doha: How far can you stretch your dirham?
- OPEC's poor history of compliance will make production cut deal a challenge
- UAE businesses focus on innovation
- Investment in knowledge vital for innovation - Role of customers, communities outline the impact of collaborative innovation
- Palestinian Cultural Awards Given to Creative Works, Achievements
- The GCC's innovators: UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Kuwait lead the Middle East's innovation index
- innovation across media is helping in shifting influence and control points in society and business