Insurance against natural disasters in Algeria skyrocketing
The insurance industry in Algeria against natural disasters could well boom in the near future, according to Liberte Algerie. The national council of insurers and reinsurers held a meeting on Monday at Riadh El-Feth, and its conclusion was the need to engage in a mass campaign to promote a culture of insurance against natural disasters. There are certain government edicts demanding insurance but most private individuals do not have any type of insurance.
Recently, however, the insurance market has experienced greater growth in Algeria and there is no doubt that this is a major potential growth sector in the Algerian economy.
- Chaos reigns in Lebanese insurance sector
- Saudi insurance companies form alliance
- Fitch: Algeria's Skikda LNG plant explosion increases industry risk perception
- Middle East insurance installments valued at six billion dollars
- 82% of businesses in the Middle East, Turkey and Morocco might not be able to recover lost data and systems