Intel CEO to visit Arab world
Intel Corporation's Chief Executive Officer Craig Barrett will visit the Arab world next week in the first extended trip by one of the world's multinational companies to the region. During the two-day visit, Intel's chief will visit Abu Dhabi, Dubai, and Jordan.
Barrett's agenda will take him from Abu Dhabi, to Dubai in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) before flying on to Amman, Jordan. Barrett is scheduled to hold high level talks with Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al-Maktoum, UAE minister of defense and crown prince of Dubai.
He will also meet with senior industry figures during a visit to Dubai's Information Technology (IT) initiatives: Dubai Internet City (DIC), Dubai Media City (DMC) and the Dubai Knowledge Village. In Jordan, Barrett will meet King Abdullah and deliver the keynote speech at Jordan's ICT Forum.
Intel, the world's largest chipmaker, is also a manufacturer of computer, networking and communications products. Intel claims to supply more than 80 percent of all microprocessors, and is considered to be amongst the leaders of the IT industry. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Intel CEO Craig Barrett: Dubai sets model for digital future
- Middle East on path to digital future says Intel chairman
- Intel regional chief: Jordan and UAE are complimentary to Intel's strategic objectives in the Middle East
- Dubai’s Mindware is Intel’s leading regional distributor
- Saudi Arabia on path to digital future, says Intel Chairman