Intermetal invests $20mln in office furniture sector
Dubai Global furniture solutions leader Intermetal, a Group Harwal Company, has invested Dh75 million to establish a new factory in Dubai.
The facility in Dubai Investment Park will design and manufacture office and institutional furniture solutions. Over the past 23 years, Intermetal has become a formidable name in the UAE’s hospitality industry, commanding over 80% share of the banquet and outdoor furniture market.
In the education sector, the company has become the manufacturer and supplier of choice for private and governmental schools in the country. Intermetal is a leader in the design and manufacture of furniture solutions with products made in the UAE.
Bedros Bambokian, Executive Director of Group Harwal, described the milestone as a further example of the company’s commitment to invest in the region’s economy.
“Intermetal has embarked on an ambitious growth strategy across the GCC region.The rapid growth of office districts in the GCC and Africa region has encouraged us to diversify into the office furniture business. With an increasing number of international players moving their operations to the UAE, Intermetal is well-poised to meet the demands for all types of office environments,” Bambokian said.
As part of its investment, Intermetal has set up a 300,000 square foot factory fully equipped with advanced manufacturing capabilities including CNC bending and routing machines, robotized welding, powder coating and chrome plating lines, upholstery and woodworking. Branded IM Office, the full collection of office furniture spans executive desks, office desks, workstations, partitioning systems, conference furniture, meeting and training room furniture, computer tables as well as a wide range of ergonomic chairs.
Intermetal was founded in 1992 to cater to the needs of the hospitality, educational and industrial markets. The growth of the company is attributed to ongoing commitment to innovative designs, quality, value and customer satisfaction. This has been achieved through our highly skilled in-house Design & Development Team and skilled craftsmen who ensure that each concept is turned into a reality that meets the demands of the market.
As an ISO 9001:2008 certified company, the management’s vision is to grow, change and innovate which has distinguished Intermetal from the rest and has been achieved through a dedicated management team who continue to set exceptional standards in the world of manufacturing.
- Saudi’s Prince Al Waleed bin Talal becomes Twitter’s second largest investor
- World Bank loans Egypt $550M to clean up the countryside
- Oprah snubs BDS over Israeli diamonds
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- Al Mashriq Furniture invests $2.7 million in major expansion project
- Midas Furniture launches a new line of products during its participation at "EKAR INVEST" 2006'
- Turks eye Egypt as North African furniture hub
- Malaysian Furniture Manufacturers’ Company in Dubai in 2007
- Dubai Chamber discusses investment potential with Lithuania