International consortium arranges $150 million loan facility for UNB
An international banking consortium comprising Bahrain's Arab Banking Corporation (ABC) has been mandated on a fully underwritten basis to arrange and syndicate, on behalf of Union National Bank (UNB), a debut three-year $150 million term loan facility. Syndication is due to be launched shortly.
The consortium includes Citigroup, Commerzbank Aktiengesellschaft and Standard Chartered Bank. Proceeds of the facility will be used for general funding purposes and will carry a margin of 42.5 basis points per annum.
UNB is the sixth largest bank in terms of assets in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). It is 40 percent owned by the Abu Dhabi Government, 10 percent by the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority, 10 percent by the Dubai Government and 40 percent is held by the Public.
UNB has 26 branches throughout the UAE and is a full service bank serving retail and corporate customers. For the year ending December 31, 2002, it reported a net profit of $81.7 million with a balance sheet size of four billion dollars. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Bank consortium closes $275 million loan facility for Union National Bank
- ABC and HSBC to arrange $100 million loan facility for Al-Ahli Bank of Kuwait
- International consortium arranges $250 million syndicate for Commercial Bank of Kuwait
- ABC and Mizuho to arrange $100 million loan facility for Banque Du Caire
- Société Tunisienne de Banque gets $75 million syndicated term loan facility