Internet bandwidth in UAE restored to complete normalcy
eCompany, the Business Unit of Etisalat that provides Internet services to the country has announced complete restoration of the remaining four UAE Internet links following the repair of the cable by Sea-Me-We 3 .
The situation was resolved today following the repair carried by Sea-Me-We-3 after the disruption in their cable off the coast of Mumbai. With this restoration, the complete bandwidth situation in the UAE has returned to normalcy with Internet users having uniform and fast speeds when online.
As mentioned earlier, Etisalat commissioned three new international links during the current disruption to minimize the impact on customers.
- Internet disruption in UAE extends to two cable faults; UAE Internet bandwidth to expand substantially by year-end
- Internet service in the UAE affected due to International Submarine cable breakdown in the Mediterranean Sea
- UAE Internet bandwidth crosses 5.1 GBPS with provisioning of 33 STM1 links
- Capacity boost speeds up Bahrain internet
- EIM launches Al-Shamil high-speed Internet over cable network